How to Use Doxycycline? 3 Significant Aspects to Be Born in Mind
Doxycycline use and Doxycycline hyclat use should be consulted with a specialist. There are 3 important things to remember: contradictions, main diseases that are treated with this medicine and therapy nuances like foods and drugs compatibility with Doxycycline. If a patient disregards them, he will face serious health problems.
8 Main Contradictions
- Pregnancy. Use of the drug by pregnant women is allowed only when it is completely safe both for mother and a child and the use of safer alternative drug is impossible or contraindicated. Doxycycline gets into the placenta and may have toxic and mutagenic effects on the fetus. All tetracyclines have an affinity for the young, rapidly developing tissues. Therefore, it may have a bad influence on the fetus.
- Lactation. Doxycycline penetrates into the breast milk, so it is not recommended to prescribe it to lactating women.
- Systemic lupus erythematosus.
- Hypersensitivity to doxycycline, other components of the drug or other types of Tetracycline.
- Severe hepatic and renal failure.
- Children below 8 years old. It doesn’t mean that Doxycycline is of toxic nature. The thing is that this medication like most other antibiotics accumulates in bones during tooth formation and it can lead to permanent discoloration of the teeth.
What is Doxycycline is Used for?
This antibiotic is widely used in modern medicine as it has a broad spectrum of action. Doxycycline for malaria is given to people living in hazardous areas like Africa. Doxycycline against acne is prescribed to patients with serious skin problems. Doxycycline as a remedy for sinus infection has a good effect and a patient can count on the quick recovery. Another important advantage of this antibiotic is that it is available in most drugstores and doesn’t cost much. The question “What is doxycycline used to treat?” hasn’t a single answer. It helps to cope with hundreds of dangerous infectious illnesses like syphilis, pneumonia, plague, cholera, etc.
3 More Important Facts to Know about Doxycycline Use
- Patients with liver problems and patients taking other hepatotoxic medications should be much cautious when using Doxycycline as it may cause liver failures.
- Dairy products and foods containing metal ions can reduce the absorption of Doxycycline from the digestive tract.
- During treatment with Doxycycline there may occur intense development of resistant organisms, for example, Candida. If it happens, Doxycycline should be abolished and another treatment will be prescribed.
Copyright © 2019 getdoxycyclineinfo.com