5 Things to Remember about Doxycycline for Dogs
Doxycycline for dogs is a popular antibiotic killing bacterial infections of different types that are met in pets. Dogs suffering from Lyme disease and Chlamydia are prescribed this remedy. What should a dog-owner know before giving this medication to their dogs?
5 Important Things about Doxycycline
- Remember about the dose. Never change doxycycline dosage for dogs without doctor’s consultation. If you see that the remedy doesn’t help, call a specialist. The correct dosage is the right way to prevent relapse and drug resistance.
- Choose the most suitable form. You should know that this medication is available in different forms: capsules, liquid, pills and solution for injections. It is important to buy the one that your dog will be able to swallow easily.
- Doxycycline side effects in dogs. Bear in mind possible side effects that are written on label instructions. A vet has to tell you about symptoms that need medical attention. So, they can be appetite loss, lesions, jaundice, hair loss and mental confusion.
- Precautions. This remedy has some precautions. If you want to give Doxycycline to your dog, make sure that it isn’t pregnant, lactating, allergic, suffering from kidney failure or taking other medicine that shouldn’t be used with Doxycycline.
- Make sure about recovery. When the symptoms subside, stop giving the medicine to your dog and take it to a vet to make sure that the therapy has been successful and is already over.
Copyright © 2019 getdoxycyclineinfo.com