Doxycycline Dosage: 5 Major Rules
Doxycycline is commonly available at a dose of 100 mg. It is produced in the form of capsules and powder used to prepare a solution for intravenous administration. The remedy is taken after meals with plenty of water. Avoid eating dairy products as Doxycycline like other tetracycline forms insoluble calcium salts.
How much is it and is it enough for one intake? A patient should know the main instructions on the intake to make the therapy effective. The duration of the therapy is determined by a specialist. There are certain schemes for correct treatment of different diseases. Doxycycline hyclate 100 mg is used for skin problems. The dosage should also be discussed with a specialist.
- The maximum adult dose for oral intake is 300 mg a day or 600 mg a day depending on the etiology of the agent.
- There may be allergic reactions like dermatitis, angioedema, anaphylactic shock. In case of such unwanted symptoms, a patient should stop taking the remedy and start symptomatic treatment.
- A common daily dose of Doxycycline is 100 mg. A patient may be prescribed to take 200 mg of the medication on the first day of treatment.
- In case of extremely severe conditions or negative reactions on the part of the gastrointestinal tract doxycycline is injected intravenously. The dose may be enlarged from 100 mg to 200 mg per day.
- Doxycycline dosage depends on the illness and its severity. Several examples to confer:
- Gonorrhea – duration of treatment is 1 day. 600 mg of Doxycycline is taken twice a day with an interval of 1 hour. If the therapy lasts for a week, a patient takes 200 mg Doxycycline per day in two separate doses.
- Syphilis. It is caused by Treponema pallidum. Early syphilis is treated with a daily dose of 100 mg Doxycycline taken 2 times a day during a fortnight. The course of late syphilis treatment lasts for 4 weeks.
- Infections of the genitourinary system caused by Chlamydia trochomatis and Ureoplasma urealitycum – duration of treatment is from 7 to 10 days. A daily Doxycycline dose is 100 mg taken twice a day.
- Malaria prevention – 100 mg of Doxycycline taken once a day. If you are going to visit an African country, you should take the drug 1-2 days before travelling and continue doing this for 4 weeks after returning. It doesn’t mean that all African countries are of a high risk, but learn the info about malaria situation in the country you are going to visit.
A long-lasting therapy may lead to appearance of digestive candidiasis. In this case Doxycycline is prescribed to be taken altogether with Nystarin.
Before buying Doxycycline hyc 100mg or Doxycycline 100 mg visit a doctor to get a prescription and make sure about the safety of your therapy.
Copyright © 2019 getdoxycyclineinfo.com